How to Use Meow Chat App
Meow Chat is the newest instant messaging app that lets people do more than just send a text message. It lets them explore and make new friends, start random chats, visit chat rooms, talk to like-minded people and make their profile snazzy enough to attract eyeballs. It is basically a chat application that allows you to meet people and make new friends. You can also invite your Facebook buddies to chat with them anytime.
If you are still new to Meow Chat app and want to explore more, then follow this helpful guide. Everything from signing up to exploring to earning points is explained in this post.
Signing Up with Meow Chat
Download the app from the Google Play store and launch it from your home screen. Complete the account opening form by choosing username, password, email address, full name, date of birth and gender. Your email will be kept private. You may later hide your age via the settings menu.
The app will also ask you to upload a picture of yours. This is important as you can make friends with someone and chat via the Explore option only if you have a profile picture. Tap on “Add Photo” to upload a photo of yours. You can choose a photo from your mobile phone/tablet PC’s gallery or take a snap using your device’s camera, crop it and the app will add it as your profile picture.
Once you have uploaded the picture and filled up the required information about yourself, just tap on the “Done” button located at the top-right corner of your screen.
After signing up, swipe the splash screens to get to the Add Friends screen. Here you can invite Facebook friends to join your network. You may skip this to go straight to your app’s home screen.
Starting Random Chats
The app’s random chat feature is quite similar to Omegle. But along with a one-on-one chat option, the app also lets you participate in random group chats. To initiate random chat with an individual, tap on cat icon at the top-left corner of your device screen and go to “Random Chat”. You will be connected to a user. If you want a new match, just tap on the two arrows icon located at the top-right corner of the screen. The smart kitty will try to find another random user for you.
To switch to random group chats, just tap on the group chat icon on the top of the screen. There are hundreds of chat rooms, but the app will find and display a random room for you (You cannot select a chat room, which I think is one of the drawbacks of this application). Tap on the two arrows to go to a new chat room. Once you are in it, type your message in the space below.
You can also chat with an individual user in a group chat room. All you need to do is tap on the user profile image. Tapping on the profile image will take you to his/her profile, where you can message him/her or mark their profiles as “Favorite”.
You can initiate voice chat with any random user by tapping and holding the mic icon to record your voice. Once you have completed recording, release to send.
The Explore option lets you connect with like-minded people and make friends with them. With this option you can connect with people from all over the world via a world map.
- Before using it, make sure you have uploaded a profile pic. If you don’t have a profile image, you won’t be able to initiate chat with any Meow user. To begin exploring, tap on Explore. The app will display a world map, which lets you select a region where you want to search for new friends. All you need to do is move the cursor to a country and a list of users will be displayed below the world map.
- You can also choose a random country by tapping on the airplane icon at the bottom-right corner of the world map. To return to the previous location, tap on the home icon beside the airplane icon.
- There are two icons at the top-right corner of the world map: a magnifying glass icon and an equalizer icon. To search friends by name or user id, tap on the magnifying glass icon. In case you want to show your profile only to the opposite sex, tap on the equalizer icon > show me and select one from a list of 3 choices. You may also choose the last time you were online in the same menu.
- In Explore, profiles having multiple photos are displayed first. So make sure your have added more than two or three photos to your profile to appear in Explore. Also, make sure you have enabled location services so that people can see your profile when they use the Explore option.
- If you want to contact an individual, just tap on his/her name and tap on the message box at the bottom of their profile pic to send a message. The app has strict guidelines for abusive behavior and if found out can lead to account suspension. So please be courteous while chatting or when you are sending a message to a random person.
In Meow Chat, “Favoriting” is the new “Add Friends to Your Network”. You can favorite a profile by tapping on the “Favorite” button just beside the message button at the bottom of a user’s profile page. Adding profiles to your favorites folder allows you to view their status updates, photos etc. in the “Feed” option. You can access Feed in the menu by tapping on the cat icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
Another advantage of favoriting is that you can limit chatting to only those users who have added you in their favorite list. This means only those people who have favorited you can send a message. To do this, just visit your profile and tap on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen. Select “Settings”. Select “My Faves” in both “Chat with Me” and “View My Profile” options.
People can easily block and report an abusive user’s profile. To block/report, just visit the user’s profile and tap on the 3 dots at the top-right corner of the screen.
While exploring, you can tap on images that are made public and comment on them. You can also mark them as favorites.
How to Earn Meow Chat Points
At this point, there’s no specific use of points, except that it helps a user level-up. For example, earning 5 points will take you to level 1, 25 to level 2 and so on. The best way to earn points is to invite friends to “fave” you. You can also earn points if any random user favorites your profile.
To find out how many points you have earned, head straight to your profile page and tap on Details > “Score”. You can also tap on “Get more points” to earn more. Just invite your Facebook friends to join your network and earn 100 points.
- You can either upload pictures from your device’s gallery or take a pic via the app’s camera icon. Go to your profile page, click on the camera icon and take a picture. It will be uploaded to the app. But before uploading, you may want to add special effects to your picture. To do this, tap on Add FX on your picture preview and add Instagram-like effects, enhancements, stickers or turn your profile pic into a meme. Tap on done once you are ready and again tap on done to make a final upload.
- To delete your Meow chat account, go to your profile, tap on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, select Settings, scroll down and tap on Deactivate.
- In Settings, you can change password and email, switch off incoming messages and feed if you do not want to be disturbed, turn off sounds and vibration and choose not to display age on your profile.
- You can update your interests, status and other aspects of your life in Profile > Details.
Is Meow One of the Best Chat Apps for Android?
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.