Two Awesome Ways to Play Videos From iPhone to TV
Nowadays, it is common to store videos on your iPhone because you can easily view them wherever you are. In addition to that, you can play high quality videos because it supports HD playback. For these reasons, we often save our movies/films on our iOS devices rather than have it on our laptop/flashdrive. However, there may be times when we get tired of the small screen and opt for a bigger one. There may be occasions when we want to share our most loved videos with our friends or family members. The problem is you can’t easily share files from your iPhone onto another device. Another is, unless you have Apple TV, you can’t project your phone screen to a bigger one. Hence, your dilemma begins.
If you’ve already given up on this, don’t. Because here’s an article that will provide solutions on how to play videos from iPhone to TV. The first solution will tackle how you can connect your iOS device to your Apple TV via AirPlay. It will provide a detailed guide to establish successful connection. The second method will discuss what you can do when you don’t own any Apple TV. Since most of the televisions nowadays offer a USB slot, you can use a flashdrive. But it’s not an easy task to transfer your iPhone videos to flashdrive for it’s quite sensitive when it comes to file sharing. So, I will list the most convenient and easy way for this matter.
Play videos from iPhone to TV using AirPlay
If you own any Apple TV, connecting your iPhone is not much of a problem because of AirPlay. Nevertheless, here’s the step-by-step procedure for those who still don’t know this trick.
- Connect your Apple TV and iPhone on the same Wi-Fi network. [This step is crucial because AirPlay won’t work when your devices are not from the same network.]
- On your iPhone, open Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
- Click on AirPlay Mirroring and tap Apple TV from the list.
- Type the password displayed on your TV screen onto your iPhone to establish successful connection.
- Once done, you can now view your iPhone screen on your TV. Play the video/s you want to watch and enjoy!
Play videos from iPhone through USB
Like what I have stated above, almost all televisions provide a slot for flashdrive. Hence, the feasible way to play videos from your iPhone to TV is by moving them onto a flashdrive. And Apowersoft Phone Manager can be very useful for this situation. This application is designed to manage your iPhone, and even Android, files using your computer. It is one of the best file managers that can export or import videos and other media files to and fro your smartphones. Aside from that, it stores different tools that can be useful from time to time.
- Download and install Apowersoft Phone Manager on your computer. You can get the app by going to their website.
- Connect your iPhone using a USB cable. [Note: You need to install the latest version of iTunes for a successful connection.]
- Go to Videos and then click the file you want to transfer. Hit Export button to save it to your computer.
- Insert your flash drive on your computer then copy the file you exported from your iPhone.
- Once transferred, insert flashdrive to the USB port on your TV and play the video you want to watch.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.