Asus T100/T200 Touchscreen Not Working? Here's a Solution.
Asus Transformerbook laptops are not immune to driver problems
Given that Asus T100 and T200 are one of the best laptop-tablet hybrid devices for their price in the market currently, one would expect that they can run fine and the users won't need to be annoyed with small problems at every Windows startup.
Here's a small list of problems one can face in Asus T100 and T200 at any time:
- Touch screen not working
- Touchpad not responsive
- WiFi Adapter stops connecting to the network
- Touchscreen/touchpad driver goes missing overnight
What Transformerbook do you own?See results without voting
How To Solve T100/T200 Touchscreen problem
If the touch screen of your tablet is not working, it is not a unique problem for your device only. Thousands of Asus Transformerbook users have reported touchscreen failure at one point or another in their usage.
I, personally, had this problem the day after I bought it. At first, I thought it was due to a defective unit that was accidentally shipped to me. After some research, it was clear and evident that hundreds of others reviews complain the Asus customer service of the touchscreen complication.
Solve the T100/T200 Touchscreen issue with one simple trick
- Go to your computer’s device manager. It can be accessed by typing “Device Manager” in the Start Screen.
- If you want to reach the manager without any shortcuts, you can also access the device manager window through your PC settings. In the desktop, right click on My PC. Select Properties and go to the “Device Manager”.
- If there is no "My PC" in the desktop, just start typing "PC" from the Windows 8 Start screen itself.
- Toggle the I2C Device on and off. To do this, right-click on the device, then click Disable. After the screen refreshes, right-click on it again, then click Enable. Be cautious not to uninstall the device, as it would require you to install the touchscreen driver otherwise.
- Your tablet should start responding to touch input.
There is a simpler step-by-step procedure for fixing the causes of touchscreen mess in both T100 and T200. This complication has not yet been reported by many in the Asus T300 Transformerbook, but if the problem appears, it can be solved with this simple step.
Asus T100 Drivers
If you somehow uninstalled the device or the driver needs to be re-installed, the drivers for all hardware of Asus T100 can be downloaded at the official Asus website.
Drivers for both Windows 8 and Windows 10 (32-bit) are available for download there.
How To Solve Touchpad Problem
Turns out, if your touchpad in the keyboard is also not working, you can toggle the input device on and off. This will make the touch pad start working again.
Here’s the procedure:
- Check if the touchpad driver is not corrupted. Type "Device Manager" in your Start Screen and click on the first option that pops us. Check if any of the input devices is disabled or turned off.
- Check if you accidentally somehow turned the touch pad off. In the T200, the option to toggle the touchpad is in the F9 key. Press the Function key (fn) + F9 key and check again.
What about the problem in Windows 10?
Windows 10 on Asus T100 has not been the best experience for me so far. A good thing about upgrading to Windows 10 is that I haven't had the occasional touchscreen issue. A bad thing is that when it does happen, the reason is pretty clear.
- Whenever you close the lid and turn it back on, boom—the touchscreen is gone! You have to follow the steps again to revive the touch.
ASUS Transformerbook T200 is one versatile notebook, but just like its T100 counterpart, it can suffer from minor glitches and software problems. The Transformerbook series is no stranger to problems in network adapter, drivers in auxiliary hardware and problems in its keyboard touchpad and in the touchscreen display.
More by this Author
This is the best tablet for all engineering students and engineers. Surface Pro tablets are great for taking notes, managing files, syncing with various devices and they also support all software.
Here is a solution to successfully turning off your HP Laptop in Windows 10. This method words on all HP Notebook and Elitebook models that have recently been upgraded to Windows 10.
These are the recommended laptops for engineering students 2016. Perfect for civil, mechanical, electronics and computer engineers looking for laptops for engineering majors.
No comments yet.