How to Convert PSD & PSB to JPG in Photoshop
Having trouble converting PSD to JPG format in Adobe Photoshop? I have a solution, using this method you can convert psd and psb files directly into jpg or tiff format using Adobe Photoshop itself, without any loss of quality and without using any scam conversion software.
If you start working on a new project in Adobe Photoshop, it will save your project as a PSD file and later you may want to convert it to JPG for better compatibility with other programs.
There are two ways to achieve this, both of which I have demonstrated here using Adobe Photoshop CS5.
This method uses the image processor of the Photoshop to convert to JPG or TIFF images with adjustable quality.
- First you need to flatten all the layers of your project. open layers drop down menu and select flatten image as shown in the picture below.
- Next open ->file drop down menu (top right corner), select ->scripts and then ->image processor as shown in the picture.
- The Image processor dialogue box should open as pictured below.
- Enter file output directories and the desired quality of output image, click Run to convert and you are Done!
- The file you converted will be saved as a separate jpeg file in the destination folder you specified. (This option is available in the image processor dialogue box as 'Select Folder').
- You can try additional filters from the preferences tab.
- An option to convert psd to tiff is also available within the image processor.
This method uses the built in option of 'Saving for web and other devices' to covert PSD into JPG, PNG, TIFF, or GIF.
- Flatten your image as explained above.
- In the file drop down menu, select 'Save for Web & devices ...'
- Configure the quality and parameters of your image according to your preferences and also select the desired format of your converted image.
- Format of the converted image can be selected from the drop down menu at top right corner. It can be converted into png, jpeg, tiff or gif using this method.
© 2013 StormsHalted
More by this Author
This is a simple code for the program to estimate value of e and e^x (e power x) using factorials. It is coded by building on three different programs. The first part finds the factorial of a given number. The...
Working Solution for slow and choppy playback of HD mp4 videos in vlc or any other player.
Learn an easy way of converting any Word Document into an image with the best quality using Microsoft Word itself (no screenshots or converters necessary).