How to Convert Psd & Psb to Jpg in Photoshop
Having trouble converting PSD to JPG format in Adobe Photoshop? I have a solution, using this method you can convert psd and psb files directly into jpg or tiff format using Adobe Photoshop itself, without any loss of quality and without using any scam conversion software.
If you start working on a new project in Adobe Photoshop, it will save your project as a PSD file and later you may want to convert it to JPG for better compatibility with other programs.
There are two ways to achieve this, both of which I have demonstrated here using Adobe Photoshop CS5.
Method #1, Convert to Jpeg and Tiff
This method uses the image processor of the Photoshop to convert to jpg or tiff images with adjustable quality.
- First you need to flatten all the layers of your project. For this, open layers drop down menu and select flatten image as shown in the picture below.
- Next open -> file drop down menu (top right corner), select -> scripts and then -> Image Processor as shown in the picture.
- The Image Processor dialogue box should open as pictured below.
- Enter file output directory or select 'save in same location'.
- Select the desired quality of output image, maximum quality available is 12. Next, click 'Run' to convert and you are Done!
- The file you converted will be saved as a separate jpeg file in the destination folder you specified or in the same folder as the psd file, depending on the option you selected.
- You can try additional filters from the preferences tab.
- An option to convert psd to tiff is also available within the image processor. Use this when you might want to work on the image in feature because tiff can preserve image quality after multiple edits and saving cycles.
Method #2, Convert to Png and Gif
This method uses the built in option of 'Saving for web and other Devices' to convert psd into jpg, png or gif.
- Flatten your image as explained in method #1.
- In the file drop down menu, select 'Save for Web & Devices ...'
- Configure the quality and parameters of your image according to your preferences and also select the desired format of your converted image.
- Format of the converted image can be selected from the drop down menu at top right corner. It can be converted into png, jpeg, tiff or gif using this method.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Questions & Answers
© 2013 StormsHalted