The author is a great enthusiast of swimming and his passion has driven him to explore many such places in the city.
Two Ways to Convert PSD and PSB to JPG
There are two ways to achieve this conversion:
- The image processor method.
- The save for web & devices method.
Both of which are demonstrated below using Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud 2020.
Using these methods, you can convert psd and psb files directly into jpg or tiff format using Adobe Photoshop itself, without any loss of quality and without using any online conversion tool.
If you start working on a new project in Adobe Photoshop, it will save your project as a PSD file and later you may want to convert it to JPG for better compatibility with other programs.
The Image Processor Method - Convert to Jpg or Tiff
This method uses the image processor of the Photoshop to convert to jpg or tiff images with adjustable quality.
- First you need to flatten all the layers of your project. For this, open layers drop down menu and select flatten image as shown in the picture below.
- Next open -> file drop down menu (top right corner), select -> scripts and then -> Image Processor as shown in the picture.
- The Image Processor dialogue box should open as pictured below.
- Enter file output directory or select 'save in same location'.
- Select the desired quality of output image, maximum quality available is 12. Next, click 'Run' to convert and you are Done!
- The file you converted will be saved as a separate jpeg file in the destination folder you specified or in the same folder as the psd file, depending on the option you selected.
- You can try additional filters from the preferences tab.
- An option to convert psd to tiff is also available within the image processor. Use this when you might want to work on the image in feature because tiff can preserve image quality after multiple edits and saving cycles.
The Save for Web & Devices Method - Convert to Png and Gif
This method uses the built in option of 'Saving for web' to convert psd into jpg, png or gif.
- Flatten your image as explained in method #1.
- In the file drop down menu, navigate to 'Export' and then select 'Save for Web (Legacy)...'
- Configure the quality and parameters of your image according to your preferences and also select the desired format of your converted image.
- Format of the converted image can be selected from the drop down menu at top right corner. It can be converted into png, jpeg or gif using this method.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2013 StormsHalted
zarna on January 23, 2020:
thank you sir.
Chandru on July 08, 2019:
Thank a lot...!
Big help to me.
StormsHalted (author) from Pullman, Washington, United States on August 28, 2017:
Sometimes that option doesn't show up. That is why I faced this problem, found a solution, and wrote this article.
Tier on August 27, 2017:
Hi why wouldn't you just use save as... jpeg?
Kaizm Xaidi on February 22, 2017:
Boss its not working what can i do
my file is PSB
Kaushik, Kolkata on August 10, 2014:
Thank You for the Simple BUT Great Tip .....
John Abay on June 20, 2014:
Great Job.Your work is nice.Good luck.Thanks.