How to Fix Samsung Chromebook Wifi Connection Issues
Wifi Connection Issues
Samsung Chromebooks have had many issues with connecting to the internet. One of the most common symptoms is when you try to connect to a network but your pages load slowly or not at all. Two of the most common problems here are with the settings of the connection.
The first problem is with the encryption type of the wireless security. This problem will completely prevent the webpages from loading.
The best setup for a Chromebook is a WPA2 encryption with an AES algorithm. TKIP seems to work for me. WPA sometimes work. WEP hardly ever works. I would recommend staying away from WEP and WPA if you can.
To check your encryption type quickly, open your browser and navigate to chrome://network
If your network encryption is WEP, there is a way to change it.
1. Open your browser and search your local IP address. This is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
2. You will then be asked for the password and username or the equivalent. This should be different than your SSID and security key.
3. Once you are on your routers page, navigate to the wireless security section. This is in a different location on every router. My firmware is DD-WRT and it is under wireless>wireless security.
4. Change your encryption type to WPA2 and algorithm to AES.
5. Apply changes and you are done.
The second possible problem will make the pages load very slow and sometimes not at all. This is caused by a setting on the Chromebook.
1. Navigate to chrome://settings
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click advanced settings.
3. Go to the privacy section.
4. Uncheck "Predict network actions to improve page load performance".
5. The settings should auto-save, so you can close the window and you are done.
There are many problems that can cause poor connectivity. These are two of the most common. Hope this helped. If you are still having trouble go to the internet connection troubleshooter:
I hope this helps!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.