MS Excel Tutorial-How to Add Comments to a Cell in a Sheet
Comments can be added to cells in an Excel sheet to add extra information or notes. This article describes a step-by-step procedure on how to add these comments. I will also explain how to show and hide the comments.
1. Assume this is your initial data.
2. To add comments to a cell, right-click on the cell and click on Insert Comment.
3. A small pop-up appears just beside the cell with an arrow attached to it. Type the notes or comments in this area. When you are done typing, just click anywhere outside the comment block. The comments will be saved and the pop-up will be hidden by default.
4. This is how a cell with comments looks like. The top right corner of the cell is colored in red.
5. To show the comments of a particular cell, right-click on it and select Show/Hide Comments.
6. The comments will be shown.
7. To hide the comments of a particular cell, right-click on it and select Hide Comments.
© 2013 Petite Hubpages Fanatic