Neha is a software professional who specializes in ServiceNow Customization and Implementation. She likes writing tutorial articles.
Sometimes you may not want to remove the duplicate values altogether from MS Excel but may want to highlight them anyway. Here's a step-by-step tutorial to highlight duplicate values in Microsoft excel without deleting them.
1. Assume these are the values you have in your excel sheet and you want to highlight the duplicate values in the list.
2. Select all values.
3. Go to Home menu > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Duplicate Values…
4. Click on ‘Duplicate Values…’ a menu will open up.
5. From the menu drop down list, you can choose to highlight either 'duplicate' or 'unique' values from the list.
6. You can also choose what kind of formatting you wish to have.
7. Select the desired options and click on “Ok”.
8. The final result will look like this.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2012 Petite Hubpages Fanatic