Neha is a software professional who specializes in ServiceNow Customization and Implementation. She likes writing tutorial articles.
Removing duplicate values from an Excel worksheet is a simple five-step process.
1. Assume these are the set of values you have in your Excel sheet.
2. Go to the Data tab in the menu header and click on Remove Duplicates.
3. Select the columns which should be checked for duplicate values and click OK.
4. Duplicate values (if any) will be removed from the selected column. A pop-up message is displayed which specifies the number of duplicate values found and the number of unique vales remaining. Click OK.
5. The resulting set of values is free from any duplicate data.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2012 Petite Hubpages Fanatic
Petite Hubpages Fanatic (author) from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh on December 27, 2012:
Thank you expertscolumn & Leeba
Leeba Ann Varghese from India on December 26, 2012:
simple and easy explanation..good job
Stanley Soman from New York on December 26, 2012:
so easy and neat. Thanks for the simple yet thorough tutorial.