Top 5 MacBook Pro Cooling Pads (13 inch) for 2016
Even the best laptops can be prone to overheating problems. A cooling pad can control any potential issues before they develop and keep your Apple notebook functioning smoothly.
- A typical pad will generally feature a design that allows heat to escape quickly, often (but not always) using a fan to help disburse the hot air.
- There are some new designs on the market that work without a fan nowadays. One advantage of this type being that they don't need to be connected to a power source to function. They are also very quiet.
- As well as cooling your device, a well designed pad will often also provide a comfortable angle for viewing and typing.
Below is my main recommendation the best MacBook Pro cooling pad 2016, plus some other suggestions that you may also wish to consider.
#1 Best MacBook Pro Cooling Pad! - Meet The the iLap: Stylish and Comfortable!
An award-winning, stylish and versatile laptop stand, the iLap 13-inch Stand By Rain Design shields your lap from heat and keeps the temperature of your notebook down by using lightweight aluminum to act as a heat sink.
Velvet cushions make using the stand with your 13 inch Apple more comfortable. When the front cushion is removed, it converts to a desk stand. One nice touch is the silver anodized finish, which matches an Apple notebook.
This stand was awarded Laptop Magazine Editor's Choice, so don't just take my word for it that the iLap is outstanding! It will also work with an 11 inch Apple, if desired, and comes in a variety of different sizes.
How To Tell if Your Apple Notebook is Overheating
There are various symptoms that may be linked with a notebook overheating.
- The physical temperature of the notebook itself can be a good indication. If the underside feels hot, then the machine is probably running at too high a temperature.
- The computer's fan seems to run far more often than it used to. It also works harder.
- The computer shuts down unexpectedly. Most machine's are designed so that they will shut down rather than potentially damage the processing chip. Shutdowns are therefore irritating but still a good thing, as they prevent the laptop from being irreversibly damaged.
Affordable and Well-designed: The NotePal U1!
The NotePal U1 is an affordable, well-designed product, suitable for netbooks up to 14 inches in size, including the 13 inch version of the Pro.
Its meshed design, constructed from aluminum, helps to disperse heat quickly and effectively. The configurable 80mm Fan can spin at rates above 1500 RPM (950-1800 RPM), making this an ideal product for gamers.
The NotePal U1 is portable and sturdily built and its ergonomic design gives you a comfortable angle for viewing.
Draws No Power, Makes No Sound: The ThermaPAK Heatshift!
The ThermaPAK Heatshift comes in different sizes and colors and is ideal for a 13 inch Apple.
Rather than using a USB fan like many pads, the ThermaPAK Heatshift has grooved channels and unique cooling crystals to enhance air flow. This means that it cools the entire laptop, not just certain parts, plus it is silent and requires no power.
The ThermaPAK is available in black, and pink.
Main Causes of Laptops Overheating
There are a number of problems than can cause laptop overheating. A few of the main ones are listed below.
- Fluff and dust gathering in the vents. This blocks up the air channels and makes life more difficult for the fan to operate effectively. The problem can be fixed sometimes by blasting the vents with compressed air from an aerosol. Failing that, you may wish to open up the laptop and physically clean the vents and fan yourself, using a lint free cloth, and being careful not to cause any static problems.
- The machine may not be powerful enough to cope with the task(s) you have given it. This typically happens with processing/memory intense pursuits like gaming. The simplest solution is to buy a better machine, although this may not be possible. Alternatively you can try minimizing the number of tasks that the laptop is carrying out at any one time.
- Your laptop may just be getting old and its components are no longer operating as efficiently as they used to. The fan esecialy plays a crucial role in keeping the notebook cool.
- A poorly designed cover may block the notebook's vents, resulting in reduced air cooling. The best cases for the MacBook Pro with retina display take into account the need to keep the machine cool.
Quiet, Sleek and Versatile: The Logitech N100!
The Logitech N100 is a quiet, sleek and versatile pad that is built for low power consumption.
It works by evenly distributing the air underneath the laptop and can be comfortably used either on a desk or on lap.
Designed to be attractive in appearance as well as functional,it provides a smooth and comfortable user experience.
The Logitech is available in Gray Accent and Dusty Rose colors.
The Xpad: Innovative Fan-less Design!
Through the use of its innovative design, the Xpad is an effective product that works without need of a fan. Instead, the Xpad works passively and silently. No USB ports are needed to power it.
The Xpad provides a non-slip surface and heatshield and is compatible with laptops up to 15 inches in size. Its slimness and low weight also make it very portable, if you need to take it with you to work or college, or when traveling.
One More Top-Rated Cooling Pad to Consider!
The Antec USB-Powered Notebook Cooler takes its power from any USB port, meaning that there is no need for any batteries, power adapter, or external power source.
Heat build-up can and will eventually destroy a laptop, but this device works efficiently at dissipating the hot air.
It is an excellently designed piece of technology that works well with both Macs as well as PCs - definitely worth checking out.