Philips GoGear RaGa MP3 Player Review
I have been using this device for more than two years now. The idea of writing this article came to me when a friend asked me to suggest him a small and portable MP3 player. I will give some pros and cons of the Philips GoGear RaGa and help you decide if you want to give this player a shot.
- The sound quality is decent and the device has an equalizer to tweak it. But the quality largely depends on your headphones. The earpiece that comes with the product isn't that great. I recommend you get higher quality headphones to enjoy your music.
- This player has a LCD display, which I can't find on any other device under the same price range.
- This device can play several file formats besides MP3, unlike many other small players. It can also directly play Audiobook, which is helpful if you prefer listening to podcasts.
- Perhaps the biggest advantage of having this MP3 player is the affordable price for a brand name. There are no other players which can offer better quality at this price level. So if you have a tight budget, this is the best you can get.
- This device comes with its own software called Songbird, which can synchronize the music from your computer to the player. Although it's quite confusing to use first, I eventually found it to be very helpful. You can make your custom playlists very easily using this software.
- You can set a sleep timer and the player supports FM radio (which I don't use much).
- The battery is amazing even after two years. When fully charged, it gives me a good 15 hours of battery life for audio.
- There is no voice recording.
- Comes with a cheap earpiece, so make sure you have good earphones before you buy this.
- I wish this came with a clip so I could easily bring it along while jogging.
- It has a plastic body with a rubbery finish. I personally like this design, but if you are looking for a metallic body, then you might be disappointed with it.
My Video Review With Some Tips and Tricks
If you're looking for any MP3 player out there worth buying besides an iPod, then this is the best player for its price. It has never disappointed me in the past 2 years. Just make sure you already have decent headphones with you.