Welcome to TurboFuture, the place to plug in for all things technology. We feature articles from fellow tech aficionados with topics ranging from PC repairs to app reviews. Share your knowledge on memes or come here to learn the difference between RAM and CPU. This is the one-stop shop to get all your questions about the world of tomorrow answered, today.
If you would like to contribute to the site, check out HubPages’ Editorial Policy. In addition to the aforementioned requirements, here are some tips to fine-tune your submissions.
What We Like to See:
- Personal Product Experience. Reviews and recommendations for products will require in-depth looks that include pros and cons and offer personal, firsthand experience from the author. The reader is more likely to trust the review if the author has actually used the device they are writing about; the article should not read like a product page or press release. Personal photos of devices are also effective.
- Visual Advice. Complex repair articles are much more effective if they have photos or videos of the process. The visuals will help readers get an idea of how they should tinker inside their devices.
- Teaching to New Techies. Instructional articles on software or coding are most successful when they are organized and written in a manner that is easily accessible. You may want to use tables, bullet points, or numbered step-by-step directions. Keep in mind many readers are new to, or unfamiliar with, your topic. Consider whether your article would be a good introduction to your subject.
What You Should Avoid:
- Common Info. Articles that offer information that can easily be found elsewhere, such as a website’s help page or FAQ, won’t be compatible with the site.
- Sell Rather Than Inform. Articles that recommend products with no sense of personal experience and only have images from the manufacturer are not likely to be accepted.
- Tough Extraction. Instructional articles that are blocks of texts or images with minimal context are difficult to process and are not ideal for readers looking to learn.
Here are some examples of articles on TurboFuture that we would like to showcase. These articles exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
A quick note: All of the HubPages network sites are a blending of professional editing and writers like you.
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for TurboFuture, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our network sites like TurboFuture.