Devon is a business consultant who specializes in rental car operations. He has over 10 years of experience in the field.
I love music and it seems everywhere I go, and everything I do, I like to almost have a soundtrack to my life. I'm on the road a lot, and I listen to music a lot while driving. I also spend a fair number of nights in hotel rooms. When I'm home, I like to listen to music while barbecuing or doing work in the garage.
For the longest time, I would just listen with earbuds, but what if you want to have a conversation? I quickly realized that what I needed was a Bluetooth speaker system. I mentioned this to my wife, and lo and behold, she bought me the Altec Lansing Jacket H20 4 Bluetooth portable speaker for my birthday.
- The H20 speaker measures in at about 6 1/4" L x 2 1/4" H x 2" Deep.
- It has roughly a 100 ft Bluetooth range.
- It is not listed anywhere what the wattage on the speaker is.
- It has a threaded hole on the bottom so you can mount it on a tripod.
- It uses a regular android charger (which it comes with).
- It is waterproof, as long as the flap to the charging jacks is closed.
- Built-in microphone.
This speaker has, overall, been very handy and has a few very nice pros:
Recommended for you
- It really is waterproof, so you can listen to it by the pool without worrying about it.
- It is very easy to setup. Simply turn it on and press the Bluetooth button the first time and link it up to your phone.
- It actually has a microphone on it, so you can talk on the phone through it while doing other things.
- It fits in your pocket. You can actually go for a walk with this thing and have a nice musical backdrop.
- If you don't want it in your pocket, it has a lasso that you can slip your wrist into.
- It comes in quite a variety of colors.
- The bass on this speaker is great, especially considering the size. You really feel it.
- It actually floats!
With that said, there are a couple of things I would change, in a perfect world:
- The upper limit on the sound isn't as high as I would like. It's great when it's close to you, but get more than 10 feet away and it starts to die off fast.
- There is no listing anywhere of the wattage on this speaker.
I use this speaker all the time and it's really been a great addition to my musical life. It's great for camping, hiking, hanging out in the pool, or barbecuing on your back porch. It's incredibly portable and packs quite the punch for its size. We bought it for around $50, and it has more than paid off. I highly recommend this speaker if you're like me and you want a musical backdrop to all of your favorite activities!
© 2020 Devon Lemieux