Top 5 2016 Portable DVD Players for Kids
The arrival of portable DVD player technology has been a great blessing for many parents and children alike. Compact machines can be now be built with multiple quality features that will keep the most discerning user happy,
The advantages of these devices are many, but three of the main ones are:
- Long journeys by car or airplane don’t seem quite so bad for a youngster when they can occupy themselves by watching one or more of their favorite movies or TV shows, or listening to music stored on disc.
- The players can also be used in the home, as well as on the move, or when staying with friends or relatives – in fact, the beauty of their portability is that they can be used pretty much anywhere.
- The players don't rely on a power source, or an internet connection, so can keep the kids reliably entertained without interruption (at least until the batteries run out!)
My top 5 list of the best portable DVD player for kids 2016 has been created to make it a little easier when it comes to choosing a player, either for your own kids, or as a gift. I hope that you enjoy reading the list and find it useful.
#1 Best Portable DVD Player for Kids 2016: Affordable and Reliable!
This 7-Inch portable DVD player from Sylvania is my personal favorite and is perfect for keeping the kids or adults occupied.
It is ideal for use on car, plane, and train journeys – you can even use it camping!
The Sylvania needs no set up, it's ready to play straight out of the box.
Features include a widescreen color 7 inch TFT -LCD display that is capable of swiveling up to 180 degrees. Built-in stereo speakers supply the audio, plus there is an earphone jack, of course.
As well as DVD discs, you can also access music and video files direct from a USB flash drive or SD card, thanks to a built-in USB port and SD card reader.
A car adapter and carrying case are included, making this player excellent value for money.
Facts About DVD Discs
- The DVD-R format was created in 1997 by Pioneer.
- The very first DVDs held 3.95 GB of data. This later was expanded to 4.7 GB. A dual version of the disc was later developed in 2005, these discs held up to 8.54 GB.
- Despite being the same size physically, a standard DVD disc holds 13 times as much data as a CD.
- A single sided DVD disc, at a bit rate of 4.5Mbs, can hold up to 133 minutes of good quality video and audio, allowing it to record and play most movies. Dual layer discs can supply as much as 4 hours of playback.
- Unlike VCR tapes, DVD discs are not damaged by magnetic fields, and they do not fade or lose quality over time.
Stylish and Portable!
The Sony DVP-FX780 is a stylish and versatile portable player from Sony that can be used to enjoy jpeg photo slideshows or listen to MP3 music, as well as for its main purpose, watching movies and shows on DVD.
With its attractive, fashionable, and textured design, the machine also has a headphone jack for solo listening and a 1-year parts and labor warranty when you buy.
The DVP-FX780 also comes with a car power adapter and is simple to connect to a TV, thanks to an A/V adapter.
Play Games as well as Watch Movies!
As well as being able to play DVDs, the Philips PD703 comes with built-in gaming feature and wireless controller.
It also comes with games to play, guaranteeing the player will make every journey fun, whether it is by car, plane, train, or bus.
This portable player also comes with a car adapter and a strap for mounting it to a headrest for additional convenience.
The First Players
The DVD specification was publicly announced in 1995, but production and sale of machines for public use was held up due to arguments over copyright production.
DVD players first became available for the public to buy in November 1996. Sales were limited to Japan initially, followed by the USA in March of the following year, with distribution restricted to only seven US cities until September.
The first players were sold for $1000 plus, but prices dropped quickly and by the end of the year 2000, consumers could buy a machine for less than $100. By 2003, players could be purchased for under $50.
Keep the Entire Backseat Happy!
Mount a DVD player on the back of each headrest and keep the entire back seat happy!
As well as the RCA DRC6272 twin players coming with headrest mounting kits, they are also come with two power adapters and two remote controls, enabling maximum control and versatility.
You can show the same movie or show on both screens, or a different one on each screen separately.
The Verezano PDVD-190B is an exceptional all round player for an inexpensive price.
It has a 7 inch wide LCD swivel screen and a resolution of 480 x 234, as well as built-in stereo speakers. There is also an output jack if you want to use headphones.
The Verezano can play a wide variety of media formats, including: DVD/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW, CD/CD-R/CD-RW, VCD, SVCD, and Audio CD.
For the affordable price you pay, this player provides excellent value for money.
© 2014 Coupons Couponing