Walter Shillington writes about products he knows firsthand. His articles focus on healthcare, electronics, watches, and household items.
My Review of Vogek Headphones
I’ve been told repeatedly that my taste in music is appallingly bad. As a result, you will often find me hiding in my office, listening to Amazon Music over a set of headphones. That works well; I can yank up the volume as loud as I like without anyone complaining.
I checked out the options at Amazon.com and ordered a headphone manufactured by Vogek. The sound quality of my Vogek headphones is excellent, and I especially appreciate its bass response and clarity. This device is Bluetooth capable, includes earpads that envelope my ears, and features active noise canceling.
While wearing this headphone, I become completely immersed within the music. This is great when I am safe, slouching in my office. It is, however, a poor option for someone jogging along the road early in the morning. This headset is a bit heavier than ideal, and even with its noise-canceling feature turned off, the background noises that warn you of danger are heavily muffled.
What I wanted was a lightweight and inexpensive headset that reproduced music well. And, since batteries tend to die at the most inconvenient moment, I preferred a headphone that plugged directly into my MP3 player.
- The Vogek headphones weight in at 5.1 ounces and, when folded for storage, measure 6.3 x 5.1 x 1.57 inches.
- This headset’s earpieces are 2.7 inches in diameter and 1.4 inches thick.
- I chose a black pair, but these devices are available in many different colors.
- A flexible, foam-covered metal band connects the two earpieces. It is adjustable to account for different sized heads, and its earpieces can be both swiveled and tilted.
- Extending from the left earpiece is a 59-inch audio cable that terminates with a metallic 3.5mm jack.
- The device’s pushbutton-controlled microphone is located six inches along the cable.
- The device to which this headphone is connected is used to control the volume.
- The input signal powers the 40-millimeter drivers (speakers) located within the earpieces.
- Brand: Vogek
- Name: Foldable headphones with microphone
- Weight: 145 grams (5.1 ounces)
- Size when folded: 16 x 13 x 4 centimeters (6.3 x 5.1 x 1.57 inches)
- Earpiece size: 69 x 36 millimeters (2.7 x 1.4 inches)
- Earpad Material: Protein and memory foam
- Bluetooth capable: No
- Direct connection: Yes; terminating with a 3.5-millimeter plug
- Speakers: 40-millimeter drivers
- Frequency response: 20 - 22,000 Hz
- Cable: 1.5 meters (59 inches)
- Microphone: Yes
Vogek is trademarked by the Shenzhen AiWoLi Technology Co., Ltd. This company is located in China.
Visual Appeal and Comfort
These headphones are attractively designed and available in a wide selection of colors.
Pressure against my ears is enough to hold the earpieces in place while jogging without inducing discomfort. The headset’s lightweight is appreciated.
While my larger and much more expensive iTeknic headset would be considered more durable, this offering from Voget is impressive. Quality control appears to be excellent, and they thoughtfully terminated the audio cable with a metal 3.5-millimeter plug equipped with stress relief in the form of a spring.
Since this headset is coupled directly to the device supplying the audio, the signal is not burdened with the series of manipulations required when being transmitted via Bluetooth. This ensures you are listening to exactly what was recorded.
The 40-millimeter drivers work quite well, providing good frequency range and solid bass.
This headset fits well and can be comfortably worn for long periods of time. While it is best suited for use with a phone or MP3 player, I sometimes—because it is so much lighter than my other set of headphones—connect it to my Echo device while listening to music at home. The Voget portable bass headphone is recommended for those who are searching for a decent headset but don’t want to spend a lot of money.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Walter Shillington