45 Facebook Status Updates: Ideas About Life
What to Post on Facebook
These days, hundreds of millions of people use Facebook to socialize with their friends. In fact, almost 300,000 status updates are posted to Facebook every minute. Facebook is a great place to check in to see what important things people are doing and thoughts people are thinking.
When you go on Facebook, a little box dangles there, asking you, "What's on your mind?" Your answer to that question will appear in the newsfeed of every active Facebook friend. What is on your mind? Now is your chance to say something interesting.
Of course, finding words for your answer to this questions is harder than it looks. If your brain were a fishbowl, you could just stick your hand in there and pull out a big thought, right? But although Facebook makes it seems so, brains are not fishbowls, and if you are feeling stuck, read on for inspiration on life: lessons, quotes, wisdom, phrases, and more.
45 Status Updates About Life for Facebook
1. The only person you should try to be better than is the one you were yesterday.
2. Life is not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
3. Life is a book. Sadly, I am writing in pen so I can't go back and erase the mistakes I have made.
4. Every day is a second chance.
5. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
6. "What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible." —Theodore Roethke
7. There comes a point in our lives when we begin to understand and appreciate the reasons why we needed to just let go of some people we could have chosen to love.
8. "Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" —Anne Frank
9. The 4 R's of life: Respect, Responsibility, Right from wrong, and Reality check... think about it.
10. Everyone in your life is there for a reason. You just have to figure out why and decide if that reason is good enough.
11. "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." —Milton Berle
12. "What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality." —Plutarch
13. I love my life, it has its ups and downs, but I wouldn't change it. I'm totally happy, and nothing and no one can take that away from me.
14. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart."—Helen Keller
15. "Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile." —Mark Twain
16. "I'm a mirror. If you're cool with me, I'm cool with you, and the exchange starts. What you see is what you reflect. If you don't like what you see, then you've done something. If I'm standoffish, that's because you are." —Jay-Z
17. I used to think life was about winning battles and trophies and applause, but it's not. It's about learning, loving, growing, and changing. What you learn is what really counts.
18. You've got one life to live, live it proud and free; don't waste time with hate or greed, love this life and lead.
19. "Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes." —Walt Whitman
20. Doors will open for those bold enough to knock.
21. The difference between school and life is that school teaches you lessons and then gives you a test while life gives you a test that causes you to learn the lessons.
22. In your life, you meet people: some you never think about again, some you wonder what happened to, and some you wonder if they think about you.
23. Surround yourself with people who reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel; energies are contagious!
24. "Love the life you live, live the life you love." —Bob Marley
25. Life is a dream: live it. Life is a challenge: meet it. Life is a song: sing it. Life is a promise: fulfill it.
26. Someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I told them happy. They told me I didn't understand the question. I told them they didn't understand life.
27. Life would be perfect if some girls had mute buttons, some guys had edit buttons, bad times had fast forward buttons, and good times had pause buttons.
28. The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
29. Life is as random as the weather. You can't change what's headed your way, but you can be ready for whatever comes.
30. Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people that looks interesting, go find out what they are doing. Do things without always knowing how they’ll turn out.
31. Dream like you'll live forever: live like you'll die today.
32. Life isn't about waiting until the storm is over, it's about kicking off your shoes and dancing in the rain.
33. "Many people die at 25 and aren't buried until they're 75." —Benjamin Franklin
34. Life is like a roller coaster. It can be enjoyable, but it can be scary too. It'll flip you, jerk you, and even hurt you. But it can also make you very, very happy.
35. The simplest things in life—a smile, a hug, a kiss, holding hands—are priceless treasures... enjoy the simple things.
36. Life is like coloring: sometimes it's okay to go outside the lines. It's the experience of no boundaries that counts.
37. "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." —John Lennon
38. "What if a demon were to creep after you one night, in your loneliest loneliness, and say, ‘This life which you live must be lived by you once again and innumerable times more; and every pain and joy and thought and sigh must come again to you, all in the same sequence. The eternal hourglass will again and again be turned and you with it, dust of the dust!’ Would you throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse that demon? Or would you answer, ‘Never have I heard anything more divine’?" —Friedrich Neitzsche
39. "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage." —Anais Nin
40. The older I get, the less I care about what others think of me, and the less I care, the more I live.
41. "Be yourself; everyone else is taken." —Oscar Wilde
42. "To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." —E.E. Cummings
43. "One day, you’re 17 and you’re planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life." —John Green
44. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." —Albert Einstein
45. "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." —Soren Kierkegaard