Finding a Facebook Profile From a Picture
Did you have picture of someone and want to know more about them? Maybe you'd like to know their name, birth date, email address, where they work, or if they're single.
Using the method described below, you may be able to find their Facebook profile, and if they've made the information you want public, you'll find the answers you're looking for.
Is this creepy? Only if you're a creep.
This method only works if they have a Facebook account and the photo you have is one they've posted on Facebook.
Using a Photo to Find a Person's Profile
- First step is to took at the file name of the picture. On most web browsers, you can right-click the photo and select View Photo or View Image.
- Find the file name. It might end with .jpg or .png and if it's from Facebook, it will have "fb" somewhere towards the beginning.
- See how the file has three sets of numbers separated by underbars (_) or periods? Locate the middle number. For example, you might see a url that includes something that looks like this:
- Locate is the middle number. In the example above, I'm calling "101484896592068" the middle number.
- This number is the profile ID from a Facebook user's profile. In this example the number is 15 digits long, but yours might be longer or shorter. It shouldn't have a decimal, though.
- Copy and paste the following into your web browser's address bar: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=
- At the end, without a space, copy the profile ID number you found: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101484896592068
- Go to the address and you should see the profile of the Facebook user from the picture!
Now you try. You have a photo with these numbers: 49231_618193578354315_9532_n.jpg. Can you find the profile on Facebook?
If their photos are all private, then this method won't work. It only works for public pictures.