Funny Email Signatures & Sign-Offs
An email is very similar to a letter—you write a greeting, a message, and you sign it with your name.
If you work for a large corporation, your emails are likely stamped with other details such different ways to get a hold of you: cell phone, fax, alternate email addresses, and perhaps the company website. This additional information makes up what is called an email signature.
But email signatures are no longer just for work; show off your comedic side by adding a funny email sign-off to all of your outgoing messages!
There are seriously tons of funny sayings that work great as email signatures! Finding a humorous closing salutation that defines "you" is easy as pie.
All you have to do is find something that makes you laugh your pants off! Those who get your humor will laugh every time they get an email from you.
Ways to Say Goodbye
Email signatures are most often placed at the very bottom of an email after you sign your name. Because of this, some of the funniest email signatures are the ones that say goodbye:
- It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
- Many seek good nights and lose good days.
- Well, I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.
- After all is said and done, more is said than done.
- Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.
Messages Related to the Content of Your Email
Another funny way to wrap up an email is to sign it with something that's not only hilarious but also relates to the content of the email. It can be difficult to find something witty that is close to the subject matter of your message, but perhaps one of these can be tailored a bit to match your email:
- Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
- Save time: See it my way.
- This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
Signatures about Technology
Send a lot of emails? Is technology on your brain? Mention email in your email with a funny sign-off about computers and technology!
- iPhone. iTypos. iApologize.
- Typed on tiny keys, just for you.
- All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?
- A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?
- ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
- Computers are a more fun way to do the same work you'd have to do without them.
- Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.
- I hit the CTRL key, but I'm still not in control!
- You had mail, but the super-user read it and deleted it!
Sometimes it's good to sign off with a classic. These lines were so good that someone bothered to write them down:
- "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde
- "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."—Henry David Thoreau
- "I like to tell people I have the heart of a small boy. Then I say it's in a jar on my desk."—Stephen King
- "People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White
More Funny Ways to End a Letter or Email!
Need more ideas for funny email sign-offs? Try one of these signatures:
- Dear IRS, Please cancel my subscription.
- Note on a door: Out to lunch. If not back by five, out for dinner also.
- Sometimes being an adult is exactly what you imagined it would be when you were five: staying up late and eating Lucky Charms for dinner.
- A billion Chinese can't be wrong: eat rice.
- Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
- Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
- Earn cash in your spare time - blackmail friends. (This one is especially funny with all the spam emails that are going around promising you 4k a month for doing nothing!)
- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
- A man spends the first half of his life learning habits that shorten the other half of his life.
- A true friend is one who thinks you're a good egg even though you're half-cracked.
- Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.
- Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.
- Always remember to pillage before you burn.
- Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you.
- Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.
- Don't spend two dollars on drying clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning, buy it back for seventy-five cents.
- If you and your friend are being chased by a grizzly bear, don't worry about outrunning the bear, just worry about out-running your friend.
- When you're in up over your head, the first thing to do is close your mouth.
Next time you send out an email, think of adding something a little witty to your signature line! If you come up with something funny enough to share, leave here in a comment. Humor can't be kept secret!
© 2011 Melanie Palen