An avid reader & a movie lover, Neha loves sharing her reviews & recommendations. She is an actor/singer/dancer with a theatre group.
Goodreads is a social cataloging website where you can sign up to record and track your reading progress. Users can create their own bookshelves and add the books they have read, mark the books that they are currently reading, or add the books that they want to read. They can get book recommendations based on the kind of books they like. They can review books they liked or dislike. They can join groups and have discussions with fellow readers & much more.
While you find most book records on Goodreads already, some lesser known books or regional language books aren't available on Goodreads if they haven't already been added by a fellow reader or a Goodreads Librarian. Goodreads gives the users an option to create a new book record if the users can't find a book in the Goodreads records. This article will tell you how you can do that.
1. Make sure you search for your book in the existing Goodreads records before you add a new record. You can search your book by the Book Title, the Author's name or by the ISBN code in the search box on your Goodreads page.
2. If you still don't find your book, you can add a new record by click on the "Still can't find the book? Add a new record" button.
3. It takes you to the "Add a new book" page. You can fill in the book details here - Title, Author, ISBN code, Publisher, Number of pages, Format, Edition, Description, Language. You can also add a cover image for the book.
4. Make sure you follow the guidelines laid down by Goodreads while filling in the book details.
5. Once you have filled all the details, click on the 'Create Book' button to create the new book record.
6. This creates a new record for your book and now you can add it to your shelf, rate it, review it or recommend it to friends.
Happy Reading! :)