Why Won't Facebook Let Me Log In?
Why Wont Facebook Let Me Log In?
The act of logging into Facebook, for millions, has become a daily or near-daily habit all over the world. We spend hours on the social networking site, chatting with friends, sharing information and memes, running businesses, buying and selling products and even playing games.
While signing up and opening an account on Facebook is a relatively straightforward and simple process, sometimes accessing your existing account can prove to be problematic.
Unfortunately, this can occur for a variety of reasons.
So why won't Facebook let you log in?
Reasons Why You Cannot Log Into Facebook and Easy Solutions
While the situations may be infrequent; it is good to know that there are solutions available. Before attempting to solve your predicament, take a moment to browse Facebook's Bugs and Known Issues page. You may find others with the same problem, and more importantly, you may just see an official response from Facebook as to a known technical (or other) issue.
If you fall short there, these are the most commonly used methods to solve your login problems:
- Forgot Your Password: Select forgot your password under the log in box, enter the required security details, and you will receive an email prompting you to reset.
- Incorrect or Forgotten Email: An incorrect email login attempt may simply be because of an accidental uppercase letter. If you still have no luck, try using any available option on the "Recover Your Account" page.
- Cache or Cookies Problems: Try clearing your browsers cache and cookies and then log in as usual.
- Caps Lock: Similar to the email issue, make sure you are not typing your password in with the caps lock on. Make sure it's off.
- Browser: Try logging in on a different browser. Sometimes there could be temporary issues with one over another.
- Hacked: If you think your Facebook account is hacked and cannot login as a result of someone changing your email address or password, you need to contact Facebook support for a quick restoration of your Facebook account. http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=hack_login_changed/
- Account Disabled by Facebook: Facebook seeks to keep on top of fake accounts and removes profiles that it deems are not real people. If Facebook detects your profile may not be legitimate, they may have disabled your account. The message you will see will resemble this "Confirm Your Identity" page.
If Facebook detects malware on your computer, they will not allow you to log on.
There are a number of steps you can take here.
- Firstly you should run your anti-virus software to verify that your computer is in fact clean.
- If all comes up OK, add some websites to your trusted sites. Trusted sites are websites that you are authorizing your computer access to; in other words, you are saying yes, this site is safe, please proceed. (In Internet Explorer: Tools - Internet Options - Security - Trusted Sites) https://www.facebook.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/
- It is a good idea to also include in your 'trusted sites' list any antivirus software that you have installed on your computer.
If malware is detected, you will see a message similar to the one shown below stating that your account has been temporarily locked. You are prompted to select continue and work through the steps to ensuring your computer is clear.
Facebook Login Issues: iPad & Smartphone
- If you are trying to log into Facebook on an iPad or iPhone and the login is spinning, reboot your device by holding the home and start button for a few seconds.
- Alternatively delete the Facebook app and reinstall it.
- Make sure you also have the latest version from the app store.
Report a Login Issue
If all else fails, report a Login issue directly to Facebook
Spotify App: Facebook Login Issues
When trying to log into Spotify using Facebook credentials, it is common to have login issues. Whether it be via a Samsung phone, Galaxy S3, Android, Droid Razr or a tablet.
- It logs in for a few seconds, and then you are sent to a page that says "new to Spotify? Start here! And if you are already a member log in here". And then continues to cycle.
- You are presented with a "Spotify has stopped working" screen and it blacks out.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Try selecting "I'm new to Spotify. Let's go" (even though you are not) and it should take you straight in.
- Try retrieving your Spotify username (which will be a series of numbers if you have a Facebook account) and then setting a device password and then use those to sign into your account rather than using Facebook.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting your account from Facebook using the desktop application (Edit > Preferences > Social Network)
More Facebook Related Help
- Why Does Facebook Keep Logging Me Out?
As frustrating as this is there are a number of possible reasons, and in almost all cases the issue can be resolved almost immediately. Here are the most common reasons for Facebook logging you out.
- Why Was My Facebook Account Locked Or Disabled?
If you have found that your Facebook account was locked or disabled without warning do not worry. There are a number of common reasons why this can happen and in most cases simple ways to rectify it.