Why Wont Facebook Let Me Log In?
The act of logging into Facebook, for millions, has become a daily or near-daily habit all over the world. We spend hours on the social networking site, chatting with friends, sharing information and memes, running businesses, buying and selling products and even playing games.
While signing up and opening an account on Facebook is a relatively straightforward and simple process, sometimes accessing your existing account can prove to be problematic.
Unfortunately, this can occur for a variety of reasons.
So why won't Facebook let you log in?
Reasons Why You Cannot Log Into Facebook and Easy Solutions
While the situations may be infrequent; it is good to know that there are solutions available. Before attempting to solve your predicament, take a moment to browse Facebook's Bugs and Known Issues page. You may find others with the same problem, and more importantly, you may just see an official response from Facebook as to a known technical (or other) issue.
If you fall short there, these are the most commonly used methods to solve your login problems:
- Forgot Your Password: Select forgot your password under the log in box, enter the required security details, and you will receive an email prompting you to reset.
- Incorrect or Forgotten Email: An incorrect email login attempt may simply be because of an accidental uppercase letter. If you still have no luck, try using any available option on the "Recover Your Account" page.
- Cache or Cookies Problems: Try clearing your browsers cache and cookies and then log in as usual.
- Caps Lock: Similar to the email issue, make sure you are not typing your password in with the caps lock on. Make sure it's off.
- Browser: Try logging in on a different browser. Sometimes there could be temporary issues with one over another.
- Hacked: If you think your Facebook account is hacked and cannot login as a result of someone changing your email address or password, you need to contact Facebook support for a quick restoration of your Facebook account. http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=hack_login_changed/
- Account Disabled by Facebook: Facebook seeks to keep on top of fake accounts and removes profiles that it deems are not real people. If Facebook detects your profile may not be legitimate, they may have disabled your account. The message you will see will resemble this "Confirm Your Identity" page.
If Facebook detects malware on your computer, they will not allow you to log on.
There are a number of steps you can take here.
- Firstly you should run your anti-virus software to verify that your computer is in fact clean.
- If all comes up OK, add some websites to your trusted sites. Trusted sites are websites that you are authorizing your computer access to; in other words, you are saying yes, this site is safe, please proceed. (In Internet Explorer: Tools - Internet Options - Security - Trusted Sites) https://www.facebook.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/
- It is a good idea to also include in your 'trusted sites' list any antivirus software that you have installed on your computer.
If malware is detected, you will see a message similar to the one shown below stating that your account has been temporarily locked. You are prompted to select continue and work through the steps to ensuring your computer is clear.
Facebook Login Issues: iPad & Smartphone
- If you are trying to log into Facebook on an iPad or iPhone and the login is spinning, reboot your device by holding the home and start button for a few seconds.
- Alternatively delete the Facebook app and reinstall it.
- Make sure you also have the latest version from the app store.
Report a Login Issue
If all else fails, report a Login issue directly to Facebook
Spotify App: Facebook Login Issues
When trying to log into Spotify using Facebook credentials, it is common to have login issues. Whether it be via a Samsung phone, Galaxy S3, Android, Droid Razr or a tablet.
- It logs in for a few seconds, and then you are sent to a page that says "new to Spotify? Start here! And if you are already a member log in here". And then continues to cycle.
- You are presented with a "Spotify has stopped working" screen and it blacks out.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Try selecting "I'm new to Spotify. Let's go" (even though you are not) and it should take you straight in.
- Try retrieving your Spotify username (which will be a series of numbers if you have a Facebook account) and then setting a device password and then use those to sign into your account rather than using Facebook.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting your account from Facebook using the desktop application (Edit > Preferences > Social Network)
More Facebook Related Help
- Why Does Facebook Keep Logging Me Out?
As frustrating as this is there are a number of possible reasons, and in almost all cases the issue can be resolved almost immediately. Here are the most common reasons for Facebook logging you out.
- Why Was My Facebook Account Locked Or Disabled?
If you have found that your Facebook account was locked or disabled without warning do not worry. There are a number of common reasons why this can happen and in most cases simple ways to rectify it.
b marley on August 26, 2020:
given facebook my security id etc still cant access account
whiteraimentevangelism.com on June 11, 2020:
You gave me the facebook page to submit a ticket. Thanks! I couldn't find it on Facebook though I tried. I have used it before but its like finding a needle in the haystack so to speak. Or is it like finding a needle hidden somewhere in the Galaxy somewhere?
Phyzil on June 03, 2020:
My account has been disabled, please help me reconnect on it pleasel
itx Daywalker on May 07, 2020:
help me my account is locked help me to come back to facebook please please
Maimuna Mustapha on February 04, 2020:
my account has been disable. i want re active my face book account, so plz help me and re active my fb account.
Patience Edwards on January 13, 2020:
I miss Facebook
Lista wapi Du on December 17, 2019:
Some one else deleted my facebook account so how do i get back
Margaret Allums on November 24, 2019:
Facebook won't let me sign in says it is not my phone number or password
Krystal owen on October 05, 2019:
Ive made 2 accounts and facebook has locked me out of both! Im freakijg pissed because it is me and its saying it isnt! Another bitch on facebook is using my phone number! I forgot passwords to some of my emails! So i cant confirm it! I need help proving its me trying to access my account!
Mohita Shrivastav on September 03, 2019:
i am a TV actress and they disabled my account for uploading my own show videos. then I opened 2nd account they disabled that also. i don&apot know what to do. please help
Abobakar Ashfaq on August 13, 2019:
My account is locked
Mobolaji Olajumoke Oyetunji on July 25, 2019:
Facebook Is Asking 4 Security Code Which I Dont Av Pls Open My Account 4me
Joseph Phiri on June 09, 2019:
I missed facebook so much. Please help me to login
Jocies on May 28, 2019:
I am trying to login into my old Facebook it's trying to confirm me.....My identity but it's showing me my old phone number and I don't have that anymore what should I do??
Jenna on May 26, 2019:
My fb was locked I changed the password but my account is still locked how can I access my account
Smart ben on May 02, 2019:
My account is not opening,i have send what the request still yet is saying you can't log in to your account,not smart login hear!
imran khan on April 28, 2019:
My facebook not login my passwod and id so please you can help me
Ryan987 on November 12, 2018:
I Knew my fiancée was hiding something from me from the way she started acting few weeks to the wedding so I decided to spy on her for sometime tonget my answer. Got referred [CHARLIEHACKTIVIST] AT [GMAIL ]DOT COM by a work buddy and i got access to her phone only to find out the wedding was happening in the first place cause my wife to be couldn't come out to her religious parents......THANKS ......so much.
queen on October 05, 2018:
I like Facebook
Anjali on October 05, 2018:
My Facebook not login my password and I'd so please you can help me
Liza Beard on July 23, 2018:
my phone has been saying my server is not responding this morning I friend requested my sister and she said it look like a different account was friend requesting her because it didn't have my picture and my Facebook account does but it was me my server has been messing up for over 3 weeks I've called 4 times can't get nowhere
Johnny mullins on August 03, 2015:
I have always signed in threw safari not it won't let me sign in at all. It says server has stopped responding. Why?
Brooke on July 08, 2015:
I already have my own malware program on my laptop however fb won't allow me to sign in without downloading their program first, which I don't want/need. How do I get rid of this screen?
liz yates on June 28, 2015:
Wont let me log in wrong phone no on there so when i put my proper no says cant as someobe already using this number yes me
KathyChittyDotson on January 18, 2015:
It saying that connection not private. Showing a red lock out plz fix it.
david on December 14, 2014:
Istill can't log in facebook it was working fine then it stop
Donna on September 03, 2014:
Twice in the last week when I log into Facebook it won't let me so I've had to make a new account, can anyone Help, I still can't get into it :(
Steve M on July 02, 2014:
Facebook will not let me in after all these years and I have no idea why.
Kyle on February 07, 2014:
Why is it that sites with a Facebook log in option do not work for me? The button acts like it's not even there! WTF?
rebecca watkins on January 29, 2014:
i went to log on facebook and it wont let what's going on with facebook
helpz me fbk on November 10, 2013:
I can not log out but I can do every thing but that on fbk what's going on?
Asinate Koto on October 06, 2013:
Finding problem in facebook login
azrafarooq on September 17, 2013:
my account has been disable. i want re active my face book account, so plz help me and re active my fb account. my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)