Claudia has been creating content one post at a time for more than seven years and writes about a variety of subjects.
Have you seen all the YouTube tag videos out there? They are all over the place, and on practically any topic.
Everyone seems to be doing them lately. New YouTubers do them, and so do established ones who want to change things up a bit. It can also be a fun game to answer tag questions with your friends when you're hanging out.
So if you want to do your video, or just want something to do, here are over 150 tag questions to get you started. There are ones for roommates, getting to know you, best friends, sibling, boyfriends, and girlfriends. There is definitely something for everyone.
How About You?
Roommate Tag Questions
Tell people everything you want to know about your roomie, and find out some things you never knew about each other along the way.
From silly to serious, you'll find all kinds of questions.
- Who goes to bed later?
- Who takes the longest shower?
- Who is more messy?
- Who likes to clean?
- Who is the bigger phone addict?
- What's your biggest pet peeve about each other?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who has more friends?
- Have you ever borrowed something from your roomie?
- Have you ever snooped in your roommate's things?
- Who is noisier?
- Who has better style?
- Who has better taste in music?
- Who has the weirder habit?
- Which one of you snores?
- Have you ever walked in on each other when you shouldn't have?
- Who has more shoes?
- Who has more clothes?
- Who reads more?
- What's the weirdest habit you have?
- Who is the pickier eater?
- Who makes their bed in the morning?
- Who's the better roommate?
- Who takes longer getting ready?
- Were you friends before being roomies?
- Who is older?
Get to Know You Tag Questions
Everybody wants to know about you, so here are questions to give them an idea. You can probably come up with other ones too, but these should get you started.
- Do you have any brothers?
- Do you have any sisters?
- What is your favorite food?
- What kind of phone do you have?
- Do you speak any other language(s)?
- What's the weirdest thing you eat?
- Where were you born?
- What's your favorite hobby?
- What's your favorite subject in school?
- How old are you?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What's your favorite color?
- What's the best job you've ever had?
- What's the worst job you've ever had?
- What sport(s) do you play?
- Would you rather live in the city or the country?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What kind of movies do you like?
- What's you favorite vacation?
- What places have you lived in?
- What countries have you visited?
- Do you have any animals?
- What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What's your zodiac?
- Have you ever had surgery?
- Who's your favorite youtuber?
Best Friend Tag Questions
Your best friend should know everything about you, right? Find out with these questions. Who knows, you may even find out something you never knew.
Grab your best friend, and get ready for some fun!
- What's my middle name?
- When did we first meet?
- Who was my first crush?
- What's the dumbest thing we've ever done?
- What makes me sad?
- What makes me mad?
- What scares me?
- How long have we been friends?
- What's the most fun we've ever had?
- What's my favorite cereal?
- What's my favorite hobby?
- Who's my favorite band?
- Who's my favorite singer?
- Who has better style?
- Have I ever cheated on a test?
- Who keeps secrets better?
- Who is smarter?
- Who likes to read more?
- Who has better hair?
- Who is the bigger homebody?
- Have I ever smoked a cigarette?
- How many kids will I have?
- Who will get married first?
- Who is funnier?
- What famous person can't I stand?
- Who is the better dancer?
Sibling Tag Questions
You've got to know everything about your sibling by now. You've lived together long enough so you should. Well you may not, so here are some things to ask to find out.
- Who's the smartest?
- Who's the funniest?
- Who's the grossest?
- Who's the oldest?
- What's the dumbest thing you've done together?
- Have you ever gotten each other in trouble?
- What's the grossest thing you've ever done to each other?
- Have you ever lied for each other?
- What is your favorite thing about each other?
- What do you dislike most about each other?
- Who's the chattiest?
- Who's the most talented?
- Who's more athletic?
- What do you think your sibling will end up doing for a living?
- What was your biggest fight about?
- What were your childhood nicknames?
- Who's your sibling's favorite band?
- Who is weirder?
- How many years apart are you?
- Who is cooler?
- Who's more likely to end up in jail?
- Who do you think will get married first?
- Who do you think will have kids first?
- Who is more artistic?
- Do you wish you had other siblings?
- What do you do to annoy each other?
Girlfriend Tag Questions
Not sure what tag questions to ask your girlfriend to see how well she knows you? Well here are some ideas for you to ask. Good luck and have fun!
- What's my favorite sport?
- Do you think I should grow a beard?
- Who is my sports hero?
- What's my favorite food?
- What's my favorite movie?
- What's my dream car?
- What's the grossest thing I do?
- Am I allergic to anything?
- Am I a good driver?
- What's my favorite video game?
- What am I scared of?
- What do I do well?
- What do I do badly?
- What would you change about me?
- What toppings do I like on pizza?
- What's my favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
- What's the nickname my parents called me when I was growing up?
- What do I always have in my pockets?
- Do you think I'll lose my hair?
- What do I put on my burger?
- Would I rather go hunting or fishing?
- What's one thing you've never told me before?
- What kind of ice cream is my favorite?
- Am I a good dancer?
- What's the most embarrassing thing I've done?
Boyfriend Tag Questions
Hopefully you can answer these correctly when your girlfriend asks you them. Look out if you can't!
- How many pairs of shoes do I have?
- Who's my favorite athlete?
- What was I wearing when we first met?
- When's my birthday?
- What color are my eyes?
- Do I have a birthmark?
- What's my favorite flower?
- What's my favorite piece of jewelry?
- Who's my favorite singer?
- Where was I born?
- What's my favorite store?
- Who's my favorite actor?
- Who's my best friend?
- What perfume do I wear?
- What's my favorite color?
- Do I like horror movies?
- What's your favorite thing about me?
- What grosses you out about me?
- What's my favorite song?
- If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?
- What do I always carry in my purse?
- What's my favorite sandwich?
- Am I a hugger?
- Where were we when you said "I Love You"?
- What's my ideal pet?
There you have it, over 150 tag questions to give your viewers and friends an idea of who you are.
Have fun making your video!
© 2018 Claudia Mitchell
Paigesparkles 2 on December 01, 2018:
Huge fan of you did soo good at your job
Claudia Mitchell (author) on November 05, 2018:
Hi Glenn - Hope you are well. I didn't know about these until a little while ago and they are all over YouTube. Glad you enjoyed the article and thanks for reading.
Glenn Stok from Long Island, NY on November 03, 2018:
I was wondering what this had to do with YouTube until I watched the Haschak sisters tag video, and it all made sense. They did a great job with that, including the photography and the editing.
The questions you gave throughout your article were wonderful examples, Claudia. They could be used for so many occasions to engage people in conversation to get to know one another.
Claudia Mitchell (author) on August 31, 2018:
Those kind of questions are always lots of fun and it's interesting to see what the answers are.
Liz Westwood from UK on August 27, 2018:
Mr and Mrs questions are sometimes popular in the UK where partners have to guess how their other half would answer a set of questions.
Claudia Mitchell (author) on August 25, 2018:
Interesting and now I have to go back and review my grammar rules :-). These are definitely not those types of tag questions, but a lot of teens are doing this on YouTube. This is almost like a game of tag.
Bronwen Scott-Branagan from Victoria, Australia on August 24, 2018:
Well, that was interesting and quite different from the Tag Questions that I know about! They are special structure that is formed when a statement is made, and then a question is added. In these, the verb in each part must agree, e.g. It was a lovely day, wasn't it? (To be grammatically correct we can't say, "It was a lovely day, isn't it?") It has been said that people, especially teenagers, use Tag Questions when they are feeling unsure, or trying to engage others in conversation.