Kent is a content creator who enjoys sharing her knowledge about consumer tech. She enjoys playing Black Desert Mobile.
Switching to Dark Mode
A lot of users already know how to enable the dark mode option for Messenger. However, it seems that many users still do not know how to do it on Facebook itself!
If you’re here, chances are you also want to know how to do it. The good news is there’s no need for you to follow some complicated steps. It’s actually quite simple! Just make sure that you are following the correct steps based on the type of device that you’re on.
Speaking of which, what you will learn here is how to turn on Facebook’s dark mode feature on both iPhone and Android.
So whenever you are ready, go ahead and read on!
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on iPhone
To turn on Facebook night mode (as it is sometimes called), you simply need to follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app for iOS.
- Tap the menu (hamburger icon) on the navigation bar. If you’re still confused as to what it looks like, simply look for the icon with three horizontal lines. It is usually located on the right side of the notification (bell) icon.
- Tapping on the menu will take you to a list of options so you need to scroll all the way down to “Settings & Privacy”. This menu section is usually at the bottom.
- From there, find and tap “Dark Mode”. Yes, it’s the one with the half-moon icon!
- By now, you should be seeing the options that you can do with “Dark Mode”. There’s not a lot of options in there. You simply need to choose between on, off or system. Those options are pretty self-explanatory. If you choose “System”, then the app will adjust its theme or appearance based on your iPhone’s system settings.
Once dark mode is switched on, the most noticeable change will be the app’s background. It should change from white to black. That's it!
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on Android
For Android users, here are the steps on how to do it.
Recommended for you
- First, make sure you are running the latest version of the Facebook app on your Android.
- Next, open the app (make sure you are already logged in) then tap the menu (hamburger icon) on the top navigation bar. If you’re still confused as to what it looks like, simply look for the icon with three horizontal lines. It is usually located on the right side of the notification icon.
- After doing so, it should take you to a list of account options. Scroll all the way down to “Settings & Privacy”. This menu section is usually at the bottom.
- From there, find and tap “Dark Mode” to view its options.
- The available options for “Dark Mode” in the Facebook app for Android are very straightforward. Select “On” if you want to enable dark mode and “Off” if you want to turn it off. If you select “Use system settings” then it will adjust the social networking app’s appearance based on your device’s system settings.
That’s pretty much it!
Dark Mode Is Not Showing on Facebook
If you're having trouble finding the “Dark Mode” option, it is likely that your iOS or Android app is not up-to-date. The best thing to do is check your Facebook app and see if it is updated to the latest version.
You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your smartphone.
Black Is in, White Is out!
Why choose night mode or dark mode as your Facebook theme?
Apparently, it’s not just for aesthetics. Although it is undeniable that the color black does invoke an elegant appeal, switching to dark mode helps conserve your phone's battery. After all, a longer battery life means you can use your phone more.
Apart from that, a dark background makes other colors stand out especially white text. This way, you can focus more on reading the content without getting distracted by a bright background.
So if you happen to be one of those who still haven’t gotten the chance to try out “Dark Mode” on Facebook, go ahead and give it a try! See if it’s up to your liking. If not, you can always switch back to the default light theme.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Kent Peligrino