My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I love writing articles that bring a little creativity to everyday life.
So there’s this thing people have been doing for some time now; Twiddling. Wait, no. Twittering? No, that’s not right either but I think I’m getting closer. Twitting? No. Tweeting! That’s it!
There is a website called Twitter where people post updates on their lives, random thoughts and so on, also known in the Twitter world as “tweeting.” Sounds like a bird, you say? Well great, because that’s the logo, a bird.
I’m signing up for one of these Twitter accounts, but I stumble upon a step in the process that has my feathers all ruffled: Choosing my username, or “handle.”
A username is not just a username, it’s kinda a big deal. This is how my internet presence will be known. It has to sound cool, you know, because I’m so dope and stuff. When it comes to dope Twitter names, many Twitter name ideas come to mind. But first, let’s go over a few tips.
Twitter Name Ideas
When it comes to the Twitter name ideas listed below, it's likely that many of these, if not all, will already be taken.. These are for informational and inspirational purposes only to help you brainstorm your own, unique, dope Twitter names.
|Twitter Names for Girls||Twitter Names for Guys|
Tips for Making a Kickass Twitter Name
- Unless you are trying to mask your real identity or are running from the police (in which case, you really shouldn’t create a Twitter account) your handle should reflect your real identity. I.e. Using your first and/or last name in your username will help others to find you, or “follow,” you on Twitter.
- Use underscores, You can only use a combination of letters and numbers in your username, with one exception, the underscore. This_can_save_u (This example technically meets Twitter username criteria.)
- As in the example above, using underscores to separate words can mean the difference between someone being able to read your name or not (in which case, they probably shouldn’t be using Twitter.) Say your nickname is Thumper, see the following example: Butthumper. But_Thumper. You see?
- If you have a common name, thank your sweet parents for making your life 100 times harder for any account you ever have to sign up for. If this is your case, use cool and clever adjectives in your dope Twitter name that describe you well.
- The shorter, the better (said no hot chick, ever, except for on Twitter). But really, Twitter limits the amount of characters someone can use, so if they are tweeting to you and your name is @15 characters long, this takes away from their limit of 140 characters.
- If you are using Twitter for business purposes, use your business name in your Twitter handle. Having a business twitter name will help you reach your clients.
Tips if Your Name is Taken
- Add x’s, o’s, and/or numbers in different places in the words. Some letters can be replaced with numbers and will still read the same. For example, you can use the number one instead of the letter i or l, the number zero instead of the letter o, and so forth.
- Zipcodes, area codes, birthdays and important dates can all help with making a name unique if the original username you wanted is taken.
- Twist up the spelling of a word so that it is pronounced the same but spelled differently. Example: Light/Lite.
- Try different placements of the underscore, or remove underscores. Adjoin two words, but capitalize the first letter of the second word so it stands out as its own word.
Changing Your Twitter Name
Still not sure on a Twitter usename? No problem!
Twitter allows you to change your twitter handle whenever you want, without you losing followers!
So if you're not certain you love a name, try it on for size and see if you like it. If you don't, swap it out for one even more awesome!
Get Ready to Tweet!
With all of the combinations of letters and numbers that can be used in the 15 character limit, there is an unlimited possibility of Twitter usernames to choose from, aside from the ones already taken, of course.
If all else fails, just try a different name as you are bound to find something that works for you. Once you get something that is finally available and totally dope, #carryon!
Questions & Answers
Question: How can I transform the name "Erika Galea" to a Twitter name? Do you have any examples?
Answer: Common ways to adjust your name include running the names together, flipping the names, including your middle initial, shortening the name in certain ways, replacing letters or prefixing/suffixing the name with other words or numbers. A lot of the variations are already taken, but here are some ideas to try:
© 2014 Tatiana
Joseph ruth on July 01, 2020:
How can i transform " joseph ruth" to a twitter name cuz the ones i suggested were already taken
Pooja on June 19, 2020:
Nice and useful names ,Tq for sharing it...
patypixie on June 15, 2020:
I loved your list! Thanks for sharing
Mauvra on June 06, 2020:
how to transfrom ( mavra mahtab ) in twitter username
Leana on May 27, 2020:
How can transform the name Lee-Anne for a twitter name
Samantha Galleto on May 24, 2020:
How can i transform "Sammy Galleto" to a twitter name? Do you any examples?
Madai Martinez on May 11, 2020:
I need a Twitter username
Jabez on May 11, 2020:
How can you transform Jabez Kimutai to a twitter name
Ayesah on April 20, 2020:
How can transform "yesah madera"to twitter name?do you have example?
Danna nicole on April 15, 2020:
How can i transform "Danna Nicole"to a twitter name?do you have examples?
Favour on April 15, 2020:
How can you transform favour in instagram
Ethyl on April 12, 2020:
How about ethyl?
Gyle on April 07, 2020:
How can you transform gyle in twitter
jerome.tayag on March 30, 2020:
Trixie on March 28, 2020:
Recommended for you
Cay you suggest Twitter name in trixie
Fatimah on March 27, 2020:
Can you transform Fatimah into a Twitter name
Janet on March 13, 2020:
How can you transform janet to a twitter name
Kezia lynn on March 09, 2020:
How can you tranform Kezia lynn to a Twitter name
Dee on March 01, 2020:
How can you transform Diane Edwige to a twitter name
Laimis lukminas on January 04, 2020:
How can i change my name into something cooler
Jackson Feldman on January 01, 2020:
How can I make my name a Twitter name
Sneha on December 28, 2019:
How do i make a funny Larry Stylinson Twitter name
Mariam on December 24, 2019:
How do i transform Mariam to a twitter name??
Kate on November 01, 2019:
I need a Twitter and Instagram nickname for Kate!!!
Mel Jane Anguinaldo on October 24, 2019:
What is the most beautiful name in Twitter.
Keyd Vienah Rosh on October 22, 2019:
How I transfer my name
Keyd vienah rosh
Cristine on September 23, 2019:
suggest a better username cristinecuyno
Sairaj kagwade on September 13, 2019:
Bro suggest a better username sairajkagwade
Gracelyn on September 07, 2019:
How can i transfer name gracelyn?
hiiiiigh on August 31, 2019:
this blog was made in teh eras of 2010 boi this names were hella official and cool at that time. now its cringy af but what can do thats how time is 9 years later people still dont know how to name themselves and comment on this sh.
Pixies on July 30, 2019:
THESE ARE LAME NAMES! LMAO
david on June 30, 2019:
Swati Maurya on May 25, 2019:
How can I transform the name 'Swati' to a username
treaciaaaaa on May 07, 2019:
How can I transform the name "treacia" to a username? I really need help
Spicygal on April 21, 2019:
How can I get a suitable username for a tomboyish and devilish girl named Anushka?
kez on March 19, 2019:
lin on March 02, 2019:
hi sorry to be a negative nancy but all of these ideas are cringy and stan twt will probs make fun of you!!
kate on March 01, 2019:
Erfan on February 22, 2019:
Christine on February 18, 2019:
Can you pls help me find a nickname or username?
Ruceljane on February 16, 2019:
how about ruceljane
quia on January 09, 2019:
how about Quia?
Sophia monroy on December 22, 2018:
How about for sophia
Dave on December 18, 2018:
Please help me with a nice name to add with Dave
Joyce on November 02, 2018:
How about a unique username for joyce?
bitch ass on October 15, 2018:
hey whats up