The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
No matter which social media app you are using, a profile picture is your most prominent visual introduction to the online world. Whether it's for personal use or branding for a business, the process of selecting the right image is important, but it can also be very fun to decide how to present yourself in one illustration.
WATCH VIDEO HERE
Provided by Tailwind, these tips will be helpful as you navigate the process of creating and/or selecting your image.
- Decide between a personal photo or a brand logo
- Don't use an off-center photo
- Choose a photo with good lighting and clear contrast
- Don't choose a trendy photo you’ll have to update frequently
- Take your aesthetic and profession into account
- Don't use a full body photo
- Crop and resize your photo before uploading it.
- Take a few shots, not just one, to experiment with camera angles, expressions, poses, props and so forth
Visit Tailwind for more information on these eight tips.
Short captions for your profile pic can be added as well. Read "200+ Short Captions for Profile Pictures" for an extensive list of great suggestions.
Recommended for you
- Meet the Astonishing Human-Like Robot Whose Facial Expressions Melt People's Hearts
- Look Here for More Recent Science and Technology Stories: Space, Gadgets, Software, Hacks, Experiments, Smart Homes, Drones and More
- Best Free Video Editing Software Programs
- See our Facebook page for more stories like this and to suggest topics for us to cover