A pilot invites us to join him in the experience of a lifetime as we get a chance to witness a view from the cockpit when an F/A-18 Hornet takes off from the shockingly short runway of an aircraft carrier. Check out the video below to see the sight and to experience the thrill as the fighter jet leaps into the air over the sea.
WATCH VIDEO HERE
This video was posted to TikTok by user @kevockris13.
"The F/A-18 is a twin engine, mid-wing, multi-mission tactical aircraft," explains military.com. "The F/A-18A and C are single seat aircraft. The F/A-18B and D are dual-seaters. The B model is used primarily for training, while the D model is the current Navy aircraft for attack, tactical air control, forward air control and reconnaissance squadrons. The newest models, the E and F were rolled out at McDonnell Douglas Sept. 17, 1995. The E is a single seat while the F is a two-seater."
"All F/A-18s can be configured quickly to perform either fighter or attack roles or both, through selected use of external equipment to accomplish specific missions," continues the article. "This 'force multiplier' capability gives the operational commander more flexibility in employing tactical aircraft in a rapidly changing battle scenario. The fighter missions are primarily fighter escort and fleet air defense; while the attack missions are force projection, interdiction, and close and deep air support."
Also check out these videos, recommended for you
- Cockpit Video Of US Navy F/A-18 Hornet Landing On Aircraft Carrier Evokes Reactions
- In Freak Highway Incident, Two Trucks Lose Brakes and Take Same Runaway Ramp
- Video of Man's Brutal Garage Door Mishap Has People Talking
- Meet the Astonishing Human-Like Robot Whose Facial Expressions Melt People's Hearts
- Watch Wild Drone Video As Alligator Leaps From Pond To Snag It Out Of the Air
- Check out this NASA Video of the Coolest Eclipse Ever Recorded