In this video, we see a U.S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jet taking off from an aircraft carrier. What's spectacular about the video, in addition to its cool slow motion effect, is the gorgeous setting in which we see the action take place. First, it's a beautiful day on the sun-soaked water, a mix of sun, blue sky and clouds. Second, after takeoff, the video gives us a look at a wider shot of the carrier, with multiple aircraft in the foreground and the water and sky in the distance. Check it out for yourself in the video below.
WATCH VIDEO HERE
The video was uploaded to TikTok by user @i_just_ate_my_lizard.
"F/A-18E/F Super Hornet entered fleet service in 1999, as the replacement for the F-14 Tomcat," explains navair.navy.mil. "The Super Hornet is the second major model upgrade since the inception of the F/A-18 aircraft program highly capable across the full mission spectrum: air superiority, fighter escort, reconnaissance, aerial refueling, close air support, air defense suppression and day/night precision strike. The single-seat F/A-18E and the two-seat F/A-18F are high performance, twin-engine, mid-wing, and multi-mission tactical aircraft designed to replace the F/A-18C (single-seat) and F/A-18D (two-seat) aircraft as they reach the end of their service lives and retire."
Also check out these videos, recommended for you
- Cockpit Video Of US Navy F/A-18 Hornet Landing On Aircraft Carrier Evokes Reactions
- In Freak Highway Incident, Two Trucks Lose Brakes and Take Same Runaway Ramp
- Video of Man's Brutal Garage Door Mishap Has People Talking
- Meet the Astonishing Human-Like Robot Whose Facial Expressions Melt People's Hearts
- Watch Wild Drone Video As Alligator Leaps From Pond To Snag It Out Of the Air
- Check out this NASA Video of the Coolest Eclipse Ever Recorded